Today marks my half-way point through radiation! Hannah brought me a slice of chocolate cake from the Driftless, put a candle on it, and sang to me "Happy Half Way Through Radiation." What a sweet-heart...she also washes dishes! Going to radiation everyday (weekends off) is becoming a routine...not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The people there are so sweet. Actual radiation is only about 15 minutes and it is all made so easy. Park in the special "radiation" parking lot, scan yourself as checked in, go in your own little dressing room, take off everything from the waist up, get in you "gown", lay on your personal molded head form, get a warm blanket wrapped around you, do your breathing (the radiation is timed to your breathing so it is not radiating lungs or heart), listen to the machines whill, get up, get dressed, go on your way.
Tomorrow I will go to Madison and stay with Adam and Caleah and little OakAro for a few days. I will take my watercolors and we will paint the envelopes for the birth announcements that Adam made. I will bring them the photo album that Hannah and I put together, and I will take the wooly sheep hide that has been my special friend for the last few months to OakAro.
My brain is still in "chemo fog" ...it seems it takes me forever to do the simplist things...fortunately love is an act of the heart and my heart still works! I love you all...Thank you for being here!
what is the med you are on for the neuropathy?
ReplyDeleteIt is Gabapentin...I am not sure it helps for numbness...maybe more for pain...suppose to help with nerve pain...used for people who have phanton nerve pain after the removal of a limb...or piece...yikes!
ReplyDeleteok, that is what I take. Mine is more than numbness
ReplyDelete