Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friends

So a group of friends got together and pitched in for a room with a jacuzzi in LaCrosse. I don't know who all was involved (except for Moira!) but I send you all a big THANK-YOU!! So next Wednesday the 23rd, I don't have to drive home and then back again the next day! Instead I have a room at the Marriot!

Very humbling...and I am looking forward to it! So if you can make it, please feel welcome to stop by the Marriot on Wednesday between 4 and 6 PM. We will be "pool side" and I look forward to seeing any who can make it!

Radiation seems to be much easier on the body than chemo. I feel stronger than I did when I started. I do have a burn on my chest that is becoming bothersome...but I had almost worst burns as a teenager...must remember to ask the radiologist if I now have an increased risk of skin cancer...

Only two weeks left of radiation and then I am finished with conventional treatment!!! Yeah!!!
Afterwards, I will do a few rounds of vitamin C intravenous therapy. Insurance won't pay for it but I have R.N.'s at home who can administer it through the port that what put in for chemo. When I saw the oncologist she said "I bet you are ready to get that port removed" and I said "No, I am saving it for vitamin C therapy and she rolled her eyes...oh well! (Nor does the radiologist, who is watching out for skin care know anything about aloe, or calendula, or the problem with preservatives...don't know that I have educated them, but I hope they will be able to say to future patients, "I've heard of that! Seems like good stuff!")

I went to Madison last weekend and saw my little OakAro again. He is now 3 weeks old and I am in love! I can't wait to see him again and I am so thankful he is only two hours away! Isaac and Grace are expecting a baby the end of August! I don't know how I will stand to be so far away! Grace is from Ashland and has a great family support network, and Isaac has Aaron and Thea close at hand...but still...maybe I can get away for a few weeks in October?

Life is good...If you can, stop by the Marriot on Wednesday the 23rd. I would love to see you!!

Blessings on us all! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment