The gifts I placed "under the tree" this year were very few. The gifts I received were many. For me, it is easier to give than to receive. So I struggle with pride, I want to give, and instead am asking for help...can you open this jar, wash the dishes, scratch my back, plan supper, do the shopping? My family is quicker to respond than I am to ask. Not just my family, but also friends and co-workers.
Through these quiet nights I have been trying to paint, and to write. I am not happy with the outcome of either. My painting is chaotic, my writing disjointed. My pride is being attacked.
I understand life less and less, I hope in the new year I will learn to live life more and more, without so much pride.
Blessings on you and your loved ones and your New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment