After the gel packs (which helped a lot) and more numbing cream (which I had to pull over twice in my hour long travel to LaCrosse to apply), I was wrapped in numbing pads and sent home with two presrciptions for high powered pain killers. Both of which I have needed in the past two days in order to keep from intense, burning pain.
I am done with radiation. The doctor is encouraging me to continue. The nurses are telling me I can say, "No More!." I know I am not a whimp...and I know I am hyper-sensitive to many things...metals...certain chemotherepies...foods...
I am finished with radiation...I have to be...I know what it feels like to be on fire and it is something I would never chose for myself or anyone else.
Way in the back of my mind I am thinking, "This is the end...all of the cancer treatments are done." I am waiting for the strength to declare myself healed...maybe after the burning stops...then healing can truly begin!
Love you all! Thanks for reading!
congrats on being on the other side of treatment for cancer! and yes, it will take a bit to feel like celebrating! I remember the overwheling relief that I would not ever feel this bad again- but it did take a while to feel good! In fact somedays still I am not there!
ReplyDeleteLove you
what happened to my comment?
ReplyDeleteM&P