Monday, January 31, 2011

New Life

Late last Thursday evening, Hannah and I got the call, Caleah and Adam were in labor. We jumped in the car and drove to Madison...no stops, even though both our bladders were bursting. We arrived at the birthing center about 10 minutes after the baby was born. He is perfect! Born in the cahl, beautiful 8 # boy. Caleah went through transition in the car, what a trouper and mother! The baby was born in the tub a few contractions later. Their Dula caught it all in video, and I had the chance to watch is several times...each time my heart chocked, and I sobbed...there is nothing more powerful that seeing a birth...and seeing a mother whip around from being on all fours to greeting her baby...the first thing she said to him was "all you alright honey"? He is perfect, and both his mom and dad made sure he entered this world in the best way possible. If was a very fast labor...

His name is OakAro , his mom and dad say they will call him Aro, GrammaAnnie (that's me) will call him by his full name OakAro.

Hannah and I (soon to be joined by Stephen) spent a few days with the new family in Madison. What precious moments. Caleah is such a natural mother...and Adam as well! I am so proud to watch them both...

Their dula came the next day to prepare the placenta...some of it ground up rare for Caleah to drink in a smoothie...some of it dried in a food dryer and then ground, and encapsulated, for Caleah to take over the next few weeks. Very powerful stuff for vegitarians!

I made it to my radiation appointment today...through rough weather...and after sending off a meriad of government forms due today...(business stuff...reporting the same information to the state...in three different forms...and the feds...in two different forms...).

I have never felt so possitive about my cancer treatment as I do today. I want to be here for OakAro and for Adam and Caleah. I want to be GrammaAnnie for a long, long time.

Thank you for reading and caring...know that I love you!


4 comments:

  1. so glad you were able to be there to share the experience! You have many many more experiences to share!
    fight strong for that little guy, he needs his grammaannie!
    M&P

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the best GrannieGirl as you start down yet another path in life and living. I know all too well the healing power of a glorious child that continues to bring depth and meaning into my life. Your little Aro and my precious Andy need their Grannies! And the choices we make today in reference to cancer treatment are meant to insure many happy fullfilling years ahead with those we hold dear in our lives. It is the most powerful motivator to not having any doubt what so ever that the path you are on is the CORRECT ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooo.... I like GrannieGirl! or how about GrannieMouse?
    P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I want to be "GrannieMouse" although I am looking a lot like the mouse my own grandmother called me. Maybe I should just drop the grand part and be know to my grandchildren as mouse? Lena and Betty would love it!

    ReplyDelete