Two days before we left, I was diagnosed with deep vain thrombosis in my calf. Not considered a side effect of chemo, but is a side effect of cancer. The radiologist said it is often the first sign of cancer. The consequence was that Stephen did all the driving, and let me rest my leg wherever...what a trouper!
After a long and wonderful weekend on the coast, Stephen and Isaac drove us down to Ashland where we spent the next few days. Stephen and I stayed in the little apartment above the Yellow Cupboard. It was great to spend time with our kids, in their day-to-day activities as well as with Francis Knapp, Anton Bezin, Glenn Willis and his partner Lisa and Isaac's partner Grace. What a fine bunch of young folks....
I absolutely dread starting up chemo in two days...can't even force myself to think about the surgery to follow. On the other hand, I am so thankful for this little break...I think and hope it will carry me through.
Love you all!
glad the time was good!
ReplyDeletehope the kids can come home for christmas!
and soon that grandbaby will be here!
look forward to the good things!
fight strong
P
You are so loved.
ReplyDelete